Welcome South Africa launches social media competition
This month, we're pleased to announce that we'll be running a social media competition encouraging you to share your most original welcome story. iPad Minis will be up for grabs for the most creative, original and unusual welcomes that are shared on our social media platforms.
We want to hear the tales beyond the smiles, beyond the warm handshakes, beyond the chocolate you place on your visitors' pillows in the evening. Tell us how you went above and beyond to make the guests at your B&B, the customers at your restaurant, or the visitors on your guided tour feel welcome. Whatever you've done or said, we want to know about it. If you would like your visitors to share their stories about your establishment, that's fine too. All stories are welcome.
This competition will run for the month of July 2015.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to anyone, excluding South African Tourism employees and their immediate family members
- The competition is only open to individuals and businesses operating within the tourism industry in South Africa
- The competition runs from Wednesday, 1 July 2015 at 9am to Friday, 31 July at 5pm
- The grand prizewinner will be announced on Monday, 3 August 2015 on the Welcome South Africa Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram pages
- To enter, you need to share your most inspiring welcome story on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram using the hashtag #WelcomeSA
- There are two iPad Minis to be won. They will be awarded to the best story at the end of each two-week period of the campaign. The first iPad winner will be announced on Friday, 17 July at 4pm and the second iPad winner will be announced on Thursday, 30 July at 4pm
- A grand prize of a full-day Welcome business training session will be awarded to the best story shared during July 2015. The winner will be announced on Monday, 3 August 2015 at 9am. The prize must be redeemed before the end of December 2015
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash
- You can enter the competition as many times as you like
- Winners will be selected randomly
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into